Poets and artists published in Spectrum Online Edition: September Song are invited to read in the patio of Rosebud Coffee on 2302 E. Colorado Blvd. in Pasadena or at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, September 17th between 3 and 5 pm PDT.

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Pamela Shea


The clouds take on the shape of an eagle

As we remember twenty-one years ago

When life changed so profoundly

Individually and collectively


Someone said we no longer cry

But I have been shedding tears for weeks

I will never allow myself to forget

For then I will have lost my humanity


My faith sustains me

We must be better

Not bitter, but united

That songs of freedom will still be sung

Expand your lungs and sing along

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rich Ferguson

If you carefully listen to the fine print at the end of most every human breath, you’ll discover a song of life. A thumping, pumping, bump a...