Poets and artists published in Spectrum Online Edition: September Song are invited to read in the patio of Rosebud Coffee on 2302 E. Colorado Blvd. in Pasadena or at the Saturday Afternoon Poetry Zoom meeting on Saturday, September 17th between 3 and 5 pm PDT.

Saturday, September 3, 2022

Alicia Viguer-Espert

 

The Seventh Month


From the door I search 

the blues from my youth

which were many.


The heat of august sails

over a straight horizon,

light offers shade to pine trees

no longer trampled by torridity.


As September expires, 

I lift my eyes which have seen so much sky,

above torsos of fishermen, their straw hats, 

espadrilles, even flying seagulls.


At the shore

the frothy sound of a playful sea delights,

keeps my toes cool, 

the heart burning,

with nostalgia. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Rich Ferguson

If you carefully listen to the fine print at the end of most every human breath, you’ll discover a song of life. A thumping, pumping, bump a...